Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christian Travel Experience from Hong Kong to Jesus

Hong Kong

Do you remember your first travel experience in your life? Yes, I do remember. It was the summer of my 15 years of age. I went with all my high school classmates to a beach where it was far away from the city area. It was fun because it was the first camping experience for all of us. We have about 8 boys and no parents were with us. We have experienced the freedom that we never had before. We carried heavy stuffs such as cooking pan, the tents, toilet paper, canned food, guitar, many large bottles of water, etc. It took us 2 hours to climb over a mountain and reach to the top. Then walk all the way down to a beach from the mountain top. The sun was hot in the sky because it was sometimes in the afternoon by the time we arrived to the beach. We spent three days in one of the most beautiful beach in Hong Kong. What have we done? We cooked and ate our food. We danced around the fire. We enjoyed the starry sky and the soft voice of the wave. We were extremely tired when we go home. One of the most unforgettable experience to me was I got heavy sun burn all over my body because we didn't even know the importance of sun oil at that time. This was my first travel experience or you can say that it was only a camp experience. But for a group of teenagers who got no cars, it was surely a great travel memory. That was 1975.Oops!.....You will probably get to know my age by now. Whooo.....HeHeHe......... When I grew older, I travelled by plane for the first time of my life. I was in a Canadian Pacific Airline jumbo 747 and the trip was a long trip. Do you consider 24 hours a long flight? I think we all do and it was a really tired experience for me. Although the plane has stopped for a while in different countries for its refill, but it was only for not more than two hours in each stop. Finally, I was in Ottawa, Ontario of Canada.

Canada (Ottawa)
Wow... everything was so different from Hong Kong. How do you like the maple leafs from the capital city of Canada. Especially in each September when the maple leafs started to turn their color from green to red, and later on from red to yellow. It was so amazing!Both of the weather and the people in Ottawa were nice according to my experience. By the end of each November to early December, most of the people enjoyed to see the first snow fall. Ottawa was a nice and quiet city when compare to the large city such as Toronto and Montreal but it wasn't boring at all. If you are a tourist, you probably will enjoy your time in the Parliament Hill. I think you can still watch the change of the parliament guard during the summer time or visit to the museums are all great experiences that you don't want to miss it. Take a walk in the nice Ottawa Canel besides the University Of Ottawa, You will enjoy this romantic walk with your love one or even with your puppy. Ottawa is surely a place worthy for a traveller to spend a short period of time to visit .It is not a big city as I have mentioned before and that's why 1-3 days will be enough for a traveller to stay.

Malaysia
Many years passed by. I have another opportunity to travel to Malaysia.I went to few places in this country which I don't even remember their names by now. But I do remember my visit to Kuala Lumpur (The Capital city of Malaysia) and Kota KIinabalu (a city In East Malaysia). Kuala Lumpur was famous for its own food and of cause some tourist wanted to try Duran (a special fruit in South East Asia) but some couldn't even stand next to it .(the smell is like perfume to some but to others, the smell is too strong) When compare to Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu has less noise.This is a place where you can find lots of nice hotel and resort along different beaches. The weather was nice and it was good for swim and dive to many tourist. One of the wonder and the glory of this place was (and still is) its mountain.

The highest mountain of East Asia ,namely Mt. Kinabalu is in this city. I've been there for a couple of times but I think I like the beach more. Because it will take many hours to reach the mountain from the downtown area of the city. Singapore was another travel experience for me. The food in this country was excellent (and still it is). Perhaps that's why I've been to this country for 5 times if my memory is correct. You can eat all different kinds of food from South East Asia in this country(just like Malaysia).This country is not as big as the large city. In fact it is really small when compare to the large city such as Vancouver or New York. That's why, the tourists could easily reach different part of the city by subway. The people were nice and the hotels were good. Orchard Road, Santosa Island and the Zoo was a good place to visit. I know they have more attraction by now but I am talking about my past experience with this country.

New Zealand
I love New Zealand more than any country that I have visited before. Why? Perhaps I have stayed in Hong Kong for a long time. I worked so hard in the past few years and feel tired of my own people. I prefer to see people from the other continent. I went to New Zealand to breathe in the fresh air because the pollution in Hong Kong is terrible enough. I like the Sky Tower in Aukland and the steak in a famous steakhouse ( I forgot the name)as well.Chasing the dolphins with a tour boat and seeing the penguins swim in a funny way. Oh! How can I forget all these beautiful memory.I like my visit to the Gondola of Christ Church in the Southern Island and my encounter with the lamb in the zoo as well. Yes, the lambs remind me of someone I have known for I long time. Jesus is the Lamb of God and I won't forget Him even when I am travel to another country.

Enjoy your Trip
After many years of travels, I do have some feeling that I want to share with every traveller : We are all a traveller of this life. Perhaps you've been travel with different purposes. Some may travel for a vacation and some may travel beacuse of business. Some may travel with tears and sorrow. Some may travel with happiness. But going from one place to another is a tired experience. Think of all the burden with your luggage. The burden of your restless problems that your are still carrying deep inside of your mind during the journey from your home town. It is tired to face all this alone. I think we need a partner who will be with you alone with your trips all the times. Someone who will always listen to you and won't give you a hard time. Someone who knows when to be quiet with you and when to speak with you. I think we all need a companion like this in the rest of our journey. I think I have found one. Jesus, the son of God. MY saviour and my friend (He called all His disciples His friends in The Bible).Jesus said " Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light ."(Matthew 11:28-30)

If you are still a traveller of your life journey and don't know where to turn. and how to get rest in your soul. IF you are still carrying heavy burden in your heart no matter where you travel. You can invite Jesus to be your saviour and your friend for the rest of your journey in life right now. He will definitely response to your invitation right at this moment and He will never leave you and you will not be a lonely traveller in this life anymore. I am still travelling like you do. But one thing I know that all my travel in this life will someday come to an end. I am sure I will be with the Lord Jesus as What the Bible has promised to all the believers. Where do you want your new journey begins after the end of your life journey. I hope you will begin with God when your travel is over. Invite Jesus to come in to your heart right now and start to enjoy your travel in the rest of your life with the best tour guild and companion in this world. He will always be with you. ENJOY YOUR TRIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment